Lopez hut is one of the most accessible, well known refuges close to Bariloche. However, the landscape after the hut becomes more technical and alpine, between towers and needles that furrow its edge. This trip is a summer classic that, without any doubt, should become a winter classic too. Two huts, three valleys and lots of skiing!
Food in the mountains
We recommend that you bring your snacks of choice for those long hours in the mountains. Same goes for your favorite beverages. Eating well is key for keeping your strength up out in the hills. And to cope with the loss of appetite, the best you can have is a wide variety of food, from sweet to sour and salty. Carrying at least 2 liters if water is essential.
Accommodations during the trip
During the last couple of seasons, Lopez Refuge offered its services during winter, however, Laguna Negra didn’t. We will only need our sleeping bags for both our stays.
Travel and rescue insurance
An insurance plan is mandatory to protect yourself from the unexpected. Check with your insurance company on the details about coverage and policies. Feel free to contact us for details or in doubt.
- Mountain skis with touring bindings and skins in good shape / Splitboard with bindings and skins
- Touring boots / snowboarding boots
- Beacon, Shovel and Probe
- Gloves (two pairs)
- Sunglasses / Sunscreen (+50)
- ThBase Layer Tops and Bottoms (Lightweight or Midweight, Synthetic)
- Rain Jacket
- Insulated Jacket
- Rain Pants
- Ski socks
- Change of clothes (shirt, thermal interior, gloves, socks, underwear)
- Cap / hat
- Personal Bathroom Kit: Toilet Paper, Ziplock Bags, Personal Wipes, Hand Cleaner
- 1lt bottle of water (minimum)
- First aid kit
- Money and papers
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking shoes
We have equipment for rent:
- Skis / Skins and Bindings
- Security kit (Beacon, Shovel and Probe)
Feel free to ask for pricing and availability.
On the first and last day, depending on the amount of snow, we may have to walk with the skis on our backs. For this activity a comfortable and suitable backpack is advised. A good pair of shoes will also be necessary to walk to the skiing zones and out of the hut.
Duration: 3 days (+ days are optional)
Dates: July to October
Requirements: Advanced ski level. Experience in backcountry skiing. Good physical condition.
Guides and Ratio: 5:1
10 people max.
- Professional AAGM Mountain Guide
- Professional AAGM Ski Guide
- Accommodation in huts with breakfast and dinner included
- Personal insurance
- Snacks during trips (feel free to ask)
- Accommodation and transfers in Bariloche
- Touring skis or splitboards.
- Some unspecified item in this programme.