Skiing between glaciers or drinking a couple of mates sitting by the window of the hut staring at the hiding behind Monte Tronador. Three days getting to know its huts, crossing its glaciers and skiing some of its best routes. If you like this activity, you can’t miss it. Pictures speak for themselves, don’t they?
Food in the mountains
We recommend that you bring your snacks of choice for those long hours in the mountains. Same goes for your favorite beverages. Eating well is key for keeping your strength up out in the hills. And to cope with the loss of appetite, the best you can have is a wide variety of food, from sweet to sour and salty. Carrying at least 2 liters if water is essential.
Accommodation during the trip
Both nights will be spent at Meiling Hut. Depending on the time of the year services availability may vary. We only need our sleeping bags.
Travel and rescue insurance
An insurance plan is mandatory to protect yourself from the unexpected. Check with your insurance company on the details about coverage and policies. Feel free to contact us for details or in doubt.
- Mountain skis with touring bindings and skins in good shape / Splitboard with bindings and skins
- Touring boots / snowboarding boots
- Beacon, Shovel and Probe
- Gloves (two pairs)
- Sunglasses / Sunscreen (+50)
- Base Layer Tops and Bottoms (Lightweight or Midweight, Synthetic)
- Rain Jacket
- Insulated Jacket
- Rain Pants
- Ski socks
- Change of clothes (shirt, thermal interior, gloves, socks, underwear)
- Cap / hat
- Personal Bathroom Kit: Toilet Paper, Ziplock Bags, Personal Wipes, Hand Cleaner
- 1lt bottle of water (minimum)
- First aid kit
- Money and papers
- Sleeping bag
- Trekking shoes
We have equipment for rent:
- Skis / Skins and Bindings
- Security kit (Beacon, Shovel and Probe)
Feel free to ask pricing and availability.
On the first and last day, depending on the amount of snow, we may have to walk with the skis on our backpacks. For this activity a comfortable and suitable backpack is advised. A good pair of shoes will also be necessary to walk to the skiing areas.
Duration: 3 days (+ days are optional)
Dates: July to October
Requirements: Advanced ski level. Experience in backcountry skiing. Good physical condition.
Guides and Ratio: 5:1
10 people max.
- Professional AAGM Mountain Guide
- Professional AAGM Ski Guide
- Security Kit (Beacon, Shovel and Probe)
- Accommodation in huts with breakfast and dinner included
- Personal insurance
- Breakfast, box lunch or meals during trips (feel free to ask)
- Accommodation and transfers in Bariloche
- Touring skis or splitboards.
- Some unspecified item in this programme.