Lanin volcano is one of the most iconic mountains in Patagonia. It is one of those mountains you’ll want to conquer the second you spot it. It can be seen from 200kms away and it is easy to pick it out from its magmatic neighbors: Villarica (still active), Osorno and Llaima. An emblematic mountain and one of spiritual importance for the Mapuche people. The view from its summit is beyond compare: Huechulafquen, Paimún and Epulafquen lakes, its neighboring mountains. We can even get a look at the Tronador on a clear day.
Climbing the Lanin is without doubt an everlasting experience for those who dare try it. This expedition is presented in its most conventional way, through its regular trail/route. Do not hesitate to ask for a tailor-made experience at Lanin.
Thanks to Jony Espinosa for the incredible pics!
Food in the mountains
We recommend packing your snacks of choice for those long days in the mountains. Same goes for your favorite beverages. Eating well is key for keeping your strength up out in the wild. And to cope with the loss of appetite, the best you can have is a wide variety of food at your disposal, from sweet to sour and salty. Carrying at least 2 liters if water is essential.
Accommodation during the trip
We will spend our night in domes. You need to bring your mats and sleeping bags.
Location: San Martín de los Andes, Neuquen.
Duration: 2 days
Dates: November to March
Requirements: Experience in trekking and with crampons Good physical condition.
Guides and Ratio: 4:1
8 people max.
- Professional AAGM/UIMLA Mountain Guide
- Accommodation in domes.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner included
- Mountain gear (crampons, ice-axe, helmet)
- Satellite communication service
- Personal insurance in case of accidents.
- Transfer to the base of the volcano
- Accommodations in San Martín de los Andes
- Meals/food besides what is specified in the programme.
- Personal gear (sleeping bag, layered clothing, boots)
- Travelers insurance
- Some unspecified item in this programme