We love sports and we love riding, that’s why we invite you to this Volcanoes & Surf programme. The combination of these two sports, backcountry skiing and surfing, make up for a unique experience.
A 7 days journey through the volcanoes of the south of Chile (Casablanca and Osorno) and the lovely Pacific Ocean on the shores of Pucatrihue, San Juan de la Costa. It’s a 309 kms total trip, from Bariloche to the Chilean sea.
We leave from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura where we’ll be crossing Cardenal Samoré mountain pass to adventure ourselves into volcano territory.
We’ll spend the first night at the base of Casablanca, on the hot springs of Aguas Calientes. The next two nights at the base of Osorno Volcano. The final nights in a beautiful inn near the beach of San Juan de la costa.
At the sea we will have all the necessary gear for surfing (neoprene suit and boards) plus two days of surfing classes by the surf school of Pucatrihue.
Food in the mountains
We recommend packing your snacks of choice for those long days in the mountains. The same goes for your favorite beverages. Eating well is key for keeping your strength up out in the wild. And to cope with the loss of appetite, the best you can have is a wide variety of food at your disposal, from sweet to sour and salty. Carrying at least 2 liters of water is essential.
Accommodations during the trip
- Casablanca: Aguas Calientes resort – Accommodation for up to 4 pax per cabin. Dinner and breakfast close to the resort.
- Osorno: Teski Hut. Dinner and breakfast in place.
- Pucatrihue (Chile): Beautiful hostel in front of the sea. Dinner and breakfast in place.
Travel and rescue insurance
An insurance plan is mandatory to protect yourself from the unexpected. Check with your insurance company on the details about coverage and policies. Feel free to contact us for details or in doubt.
Location: From Bariloche to pacific ocean, Chile
Duration: 6 days
Dates: 25 to 30 September
Requirements: Advanced ski level. Experience in backcountry skiing. Good physical condition. Experience swimming in the sea.
Guides and Ratio: 4:1
8 people max.
- Professional ski guides (AAGM)
- Accommodation in huts and inns.
- All the meals included
- Mountain gear (ropes, crampons, ice-axe, helmet, harness)
- Surfing gear (neoprene suit, board)
- Satellite communication service
- Transportation (either we go by cars available at the time or hire a transfer for the group)
- Meals apart from breakfast and dinner as specified
- Personal gear (sleeping bag, layered clothing, boots, skis)
- Personal insurance in case of accidents.
- Alcoholic drinks
- Some unspecified item in this programme.