We love sports and we love sliding, that’s why we invite you to this Volcanos & Surf Programme. The combination of these two sports, backcountry skiing and surfing, make up for a unique experience.
A 6-day journey through the volcanoes of the south of Chile (Casablanca and Osorno) and the lovely Pacific Ocean on the shores of Pucatrihue, San Juan de la Costa. It’s a 309 kms total trip, from Bariloche to the Chilean sea.
We leave from Bariloche to Villa La Angostura where we’ll be taking the Antonio Samoré mountain pass to adventure ourselves into volcano territory.
We’ll spend the first night at the base of Casablanca. Second night at the base of Osorno. And the final 2 nights in a beautiful inn on the beach of Pucatrihue.
When at the sea we will have all the necessary gear for our dive (neoprene suit and boards) plus two days of surfing classes by the Surf School of Pucatrihue.
Food in the mountains
We recommend packing your snacks of choice for those long days in the mountains. The same goes for your favorite beverages. Eating well is key for keeping your strength up out in the wild. And to cope with the loss of appetite, the best you can have is a wide variety of food at your disposal, from sweet to sour and salty. Carrying at least 2 liters of water is essential.
Accommodations during the trip
- Casablanca: Aguas Calientes Resort – Accommodation for up to 4 pax per cabin. Dinner and breakfast close to the resort.
- Osorno: Teski Hut. Dinner and breakfast in place.
- Pucatrihue (Chile): Inn in front of the sea. Dinner and breakfast in place.
Travel and rescue insurance
An insurance plan is mandatory to protect yourself from the unexpected. Check with your insurance company on the details about coverage and policies. Feel free to contact us for details or in doubt.
Location: Bariloche, Villa La Angostura, Chile
Duration: 6 days
Requirements: Advanced ski level. Experience in backcountry skiing. Good physical condition.
Guides and Ratio: 4:1
12 people max.
- Professional AAGM/GEM Mountain Guide
- Accommodation in huts and inns.
- Breakfasts and dinners included
- Mountain gear (ropes, crampons, ice-axe, helmet, harness)
- Surfing gear (neoprene suit, board)
- Satellite communication service
- Personal insurance in case of accidents.
- Transportation (either we go by cars available at the time or hire a transfer for the group)
- Meals apart from breakfast and dinner as specified
- Personal gear (sleeping bag, layered clothing, boots, skis)
- Travelers insurance
- Some unspecified item in this programme.